Not sure where to start? I can help, contact me.
For returning clients, looking to book your next session or redeem a package.
Awareness Through Movement
Aware - Relaxed - Connected
Improve your coordination, posture and balance while enjoying relief from discomfort and stress. These classes examine practical ways to incorporate effortless and efficient movement into daily life to prevent tension and injuries. Learning consists of gentle, easy-to-perform movements guided by Sophia in a supportive environment.
Classes are kept small so that you can benefit from a focused learning experience with individual attention provided.
Wednesdays 5:30 - 6:30pm
May 16 - June 27 To register
Thursdays 9:30 - 10:30
May 17 - June 28 To register
Cost: $147 per series
To drop in, please call in advance.
Late joining a series: cost will be pro-rated for new students.
If you spend hours sitting, you’re not alone. Many of us put in long days at a desk, on the computer, or playing a musical instrument. We often pay the price with back, shoulder, arm and neck pain.
In this workshop, you will:
• identify habitual patterns in sitting
• explore sources of discomfort and ways to avoid them
• learn to use your pelvis more effectively to prolong comfort while seated
• discover ways to feel more energized and effective in a chair
• address practical ergonomics specific to your lifestyle
Fri. April 6, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Sat. April 7, 10:00 - 12:30 pm
Balance is your most critical sense for survival, it allows you to move safely and effortlessly. Do you notice a minor insecurity when walking in the dark or on uneven ground? increased tripping or worse, a fear of falling?
In this workshop you will:
• improve your dynamic stability
• discover your body's intelligence to find better balance
• learn tools to make you feel safe again
• awaken your inherent ability to be alert and focused
Fri. April 13, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Sat. April 14, 10:00 - 12:30 pm
Pelvic power for women
It’s easy to take sitting, walking or running for granted until something goes awry. The pelvis plays a key role in organizing the body and helping to generate the power for most every day activities.
Because of its central position a small shift in the pelvis can have major effects in the rest of the body: it can cause not only headaches but a twist in the neck, a pain in the knee, incontinence, pelvic or abdominal pain, stiff hips and poor balance.
In this workshop you will:
• identify habitual movement patterns that contribute to your challenges
• explore sources of discomfort and ways to overcome them
• learn to use your pelvis more effectively to prolong comfort for any activity
• improve coordination and ease tension in your lower back and hip joints
• build the foundation to a more in-depth pelvic floor workshop